There a couple of very important conditions so that the yoghurt can be the source of all proven nutrients that are beneficial for the organism:
First, it is the quality of the raw milk. We, at Domlian, carry out a strict control both on the raw milk when receiving it in our own laboratories – physical-chemical and microbiological, and in the farms where it comes from.
The major priority of the company in the production of yoghurt is:
- to use live starter, as well as
-to create an environment in the product where its beneficial microorganisms can live the longest.
The major priority of the company is to use Bulgarian yoghurt starter which can contribute to the preservation of the centuries-old tradition and authenticity of the Bulgarian yoghurt.
Therefore we trusted our partners from Lactina who had obtained the best strains of lacto-acid bacteria for us from environmentally-protected high-mountain reserve of Bulgaria – the Central Balkans, specially adapted for the raw milk we have been using.
Sources for obtaining strains of lacto-acid bacteria in the collection of Lactina:
- natural sources – raw milk, whey, plants, herbs, spices, etc.;
- homemade dairy products made without using industrial cultures;
Advantages of Lactina cultures compared to the other producer companies:
- original taste, flavour and structure of the traditional yoghurt – solid and with dissolved coagulum;
- each separate culture is with its own identity, especially the types of yoghurts produced with symbiotic lacto-acid cultures specially created for the DOMLIAN yoghurts;
- no genetically modified lacto-acid microorganisms are used;
- special group of multi-strain phage resistant cultures of more than four strains of Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus & Streptococcus thermophilus;
- the research program of Lactina company includes the development of starter cultures which contain local strains of lacto-acid microorganisms of Streptococcus thermophilus & Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus group of proven historico-geographical identity and availability in the natural resources from Bulgaria and countries from the Balkan region.
The original content of the cultures for yoghurt is made only by Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus & Streptococcus thermophilus.
Chr. Hansen A/S – a world leader in the production of starters for probiotic yoghurt. The probiotic starters of Chr. Hansen contain at least one probiotic strain backed up by substantial clinical documentation on health effects.
The probiotic strains are selected by applying a couple of criteria, including:
- acid resistance;
- resistance to bile;
- capacity to bring health benefits for the consumer;
- stability to be applied in food until the expiry date
In recent years we have not stopped investing in technology modernization and operation efficiency of the company by implementing the best practices and methods.
The complex and modern technological equipment in the production plant for milk and yoghurt - we can surely praise ourselves about, allows us to automate the major production processes and to control them non-stop.